Marriage, Family and Life
The mission of the Office of Marriage, Family and Life is to promote Catholic marriages, nurture the Catholic faith and values within families and provide ministry to the disabled. This office also promotes and encourages full and continued participation in our Catholic faith.
Last year, this office directly served over 20,000 individuals and successfully hosted over 50 events for both youth and adults, including Disability Ministry, Marriage Preparation, Youth Minister Training, Archdiocesan Youth Day, Totus Tuus, and Pro-Life Ministry.
- Biomedical Ethics: Bioethics Commission
- Family and Laity Outreach: Divorced and Separated Groups, Single Parent Retreats, Small Group Ministry, Vocation Day Retreats, Courage/Encourage Ministry
- Marriage and Marriage Preparation Ministry: Marriage Day Mass, Marriage Mentor Training, Sacramental Preparation for Marriage, Newly Married Ministry
- Natural Family Planning
- Persons with Disabilities: Reconciliation Preparation, First Eucharist Preparation, Confirmation Preparation, Support and Counsel for families with children with disabilities
- Religious Liberty Outreach
- Respect Life: Post Abortive Referrals, Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities Referrals, Post Abortive Retreat, Prayer Service for Life, March for Life, Youth Ambassadors for Life.
- Youth and Young Adult: Archdiocesan Youth Day, Totus Tuus, Children Rosary Pilgrimage, Training and formation for youth ministers (80% of YMs prepare youth for sacrament of confirmation), Adult Volunteer Training, Young Adult Ministry
- Young adults in the public square (collaboration with Minnesota Catholic Conference)
- Virtue training for remote preparation to vocation (collaboration with the Office of Mission of Catholic Education).
2018 CSAF Goal Amount: $430,174
For most ministries, CSAF funds only part of their annual budget. Some ministries have other sources of funds, such as participant fees and direct donor gifts for some of their programs.