The Archdiocese provides nine hospital chaplains who serve 13 hospitals in the metropolitan Twin Cities area. Their mission is to provide Catholic pastoral, priestly care and the Sacraments to Catholics who are patients at these hospitals in the Archdiocese.
In addition to daily Communion being provided, on any given day, there are upwards of 100 Catholics receiving the Sacrament of the Sick at the 13 hospitals.
The Catholic Services Appeal covers the salaries and expenses for the nine chaplains serving the 13 hospitals. This program is unique in that the hospitals provide no funding for the chaplains.
Hospitals Served by the Chaplains:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Children’s Hospital - Saint Paul
- Fairview Southdale Hospital
- Hennepin County Medical Center
- Mercy Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- North Memorial Medical Center
- Regions Hospital
- St. John’s Hospital - Maplewood
- St. Joseph's Hospital - St. Paul
- United Hospital
- Unity Hospital
- University of Minnesota - Fairview
Did you know?
- We estimate the daily Catholic census at these hospitals is 638. Using an average stay of two days, over 100,000 Catholics “move” through these 13 area hospitals every year.
2017 CSAF Goal Amount: $600,000
For most ministries, CSAF funds only part of their annual budget. Some ministries have other sources of funds, such as participant fees and direct donor gifts for some of their programs.