Catholic Charities serves those most in need. They are a leader in addressing poverty, creating opportunity and advocating for justice in the community. Annually, nearly 20,000 children, families, and adults receive help, hope, dignity, and opportunity through the various programs Catholic Charities provides.
- Housing Stability
- Resource Centers
- Emergency Shelter
- Transitional Housing
- Permanent Supportive Housing
- Child and Family Services
- Hope Street for Homeless Youth
- Saint Joseph’s Home for Children
- School-Based Counseling
- Northside Child Development Center
- Older Adult and Disability Services
- Refugee Reception and Placement
- Client Support Services
- Health Services
- People Experiencing Homelessness: At places like Higher Ground Minneapolis and Higher Ground Saint Paul, Family Service Center and Opportunity Center, Catholic Charities provides meals, shelter, and opportunities to find jobs, secure a stable home, and medical care for those who need it.
- Children and Families: At St. Joseph’s Home for Children and Northside Child Development Center, Catholic Charities works with children and their families to provide a good start in life through a nurturing environment, comfort in crisis, and mental health counseling for bright, strong futures.
- New Americans: Catholic Charities helps refugees and immigrants work toward independence by reuniting families and providing assistance as they adjust to life in a new country.
- Older Adults and People with Disabilities: Catholic Charities serves elders and people with disabilities, helping them live independently in their homes and connecting homeless elders to safe, stable housing.
- The Greater Minneapolis – St. Paul Community: By meeting the needs of those most vulnerable and advocating on their behalf, Catholic Charities helps improve the quality of life for the entire community.
For most ministries, CSAF funds only part of their annual budget. Some ministries have other sources of funds, such as participant fees and direct donor gifts for some of their programs.