The Catholic Services Appeal Foundation (CSAF) works for and with each of the 189 parishes of the Archdiocese to conduct an annual appeal in each parish to fund 20 Designated Ministries within the Archdiocese. The 20 Designated Ministries are those that no one parish can support on its own. The Designated Ministries are established pursuant to CSAF’s organizational documents, which require us to maintain our focus on these ministries operating within the Archdiocese.
The CSAF and the parishes conduct the Appeal by:
- Sending a mailing to parishioners in late January or early February. The mailing includes a pledge form and return envelope to return gifts to CSAF’s office in Plymouth, MN for prompt processing.
- The parishes conduct “Announcement Weekend” during which parishioners are given more information on the CSAF and asked to prayerfully consider a gift to the CSAF.
- The parishes have “Commitment Weekend” during which parishioners at each Mass are shown the CSAF video and invited to fill out pledge forms which are then deposited in the plate collection, with the funds forwarded to CSAF, and/or encouraged to donate directly online via GiveCSAF.org.
- The parishes follow up with letters and phone calls.
- When the parishes have concluded their follow up, the CSAF office follows up with letters and phone calls as well.
- Every year, the CSAF directly distributes all of the funds it receives to the Designated Ministries and to cover administrative and fundraising expenses (less than 10% of goal).
- Parishes that exceed their parish CSAF goal receive back from the CSAF 50% of the funds raised above and beyond goal by their parish. In addition, a parish that raises more funds for the Appeal this year than last year earns back 25% of that difference.