The Catholic Services Appeal Foundation (CSAF) works for and with each of the over 180 parishes of the Archdiocese to conduct an annual appeal in each parish to fund 20 Designated Ministries within the Archdiocese. The 20 Designated Ministries are those that no one parish can support on its own. Many of the ministries are established pursuant to CSAF’s organizational documents, which require us to maintain our focus on these ministries operating within the Archdiocese.
The CSAF and the parishes conduct the Appeal by:
- Sending a mailing to parishioners in January. The mailing includes a pledge form and return envelope which has postage prepaid and is returned to CSAF’s offices in Plymouth, MN for prompt processing.
- The parishes conduct “Announcement Weekend” on their choice of two weekends, show a video from CSAF at each Mass, and post the video on their web / social media sites.
- The parishes have “Commitment Weekend” on the designated weekend, at which parishioners at each Mass are invited to fill out pledge forms which are then deposited in the plate collection, with the funds forwarded to CSAF.
- The parishes follow up with letters and phone calls.
- When the parishes have concluded their follow up, the CSAF office follows up with letters and phone calls as well.
- Every year, the CSAF directly distributes all of the funds it receives to the Designated Ministries and to cover staff/office expenses (less than 10% of goal). Parishes are included in the Appeal and those that reach their CSAF goal receive 25% of the funds raised by their parish.