The CSAF works for and with each of the 189 parishes of the Archdiocese to conduct an annual appeal in each parish to fund 18 Collective Ministries within the Archdiocese (the Designated Ministries). The 18 Collective Ministries are those that no one parish can support on its own and they are fixed by the organizational documents of our formation, which requires us to maintain our focus on these Collective, Catholic Ministries operating in our Archdiocese.
CSAF and the parishes conduct the Appeal by:
- Sending a mailing to approximately 120,000 parishioners in January. The mailing includes a pledge form and return envelope which has postage prepaid and is returned to our national processing center in Albert Lea, MN.
- The parish conducts "Announcement Weekend" on their choice of two weekends and shows the CSAF video highlighting the 18 Collective Ministries at each Mass.
- The parish has “Commitment Weekend,” on the designated weekend and Parishioners at each Mass are asked to fill out pledge forms which are then deposited in the plate collection.
- The parish follows up with letters and phone calls.
- When the parishes have concluded their follow up, the CSAF office follows up with letters and phone calls as well.
- Every year, CSAF distributes all of the funds it receives to the Designated Ministries and to pay its expenses. The parishes are recipients and they receive 25% of the amount collected by their parish if they meet their goal.