Evangelization and Catechesis
The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis was established in 2014 to create opportunities for people to encounter Jesus Christ and to make the truth of Christ and his Church clearly understood and accessible. Evangelization and Catechesis efforts are created and experienced in cooperation with parishes and Catholic schools and the many ministry groups through the local Church.
Since January 2015, The Office of Evangelization & Catechesis’ focus has been to support the pastor and parish in their evangelization efforts by offering initiatives that cultivate a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and development toward discipleship.
New initiatives by the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis are dedicated to that purpose and have specific targets for building up the family as well as the parish community. Another important effort is being placed on improving communications and outreach.
- Workshops for experiencing Intentional Prayer and Lectio Divina
- Grandparents Ministry
- WINE: Women in the New Evangelization (Partnership)*
- Catholic Watchmen
- Workshops for Catechists, Parents and Grandparents
- Workshops for creating future evangelists
- “Called and Gifted” Seminars
- Rediscover: Hour
Did you know?
- The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis communicates and serves an email list of 6,300 people and growing.
- The Office of Evangelization and Catechesis exists solely due to the generous financial support from the donors to the Catholic Services Appeal Foundation.
2017 Goal Amount: $150,000
*WINE is a separate organization that the Archdiocese collaborates with for certain programming within the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
For most ministries, CSAF funds only part of their annual budget. Some ministries have other sources of funds, such as participant fees and direct donor gifts for some of their programs.